Dairy Australia seeks three Regional Extension Officers
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our employees are passionate about helping farmers adapt to the changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry.
The role of Regional Extension Officer – Our Farm, Our Plan is to provide effective leadership and support for the dairy industry to deliver innovative, well planned and collaborative Our Farm, Our Plan activities in dairy regions. The approach will drive maximum participation by dairy farmers in the program and achieve practice change that sees farmers better planned, in control and able to manage risk.
The role has a strong focus on working closely with regional networks, including dairy advisers and service providers, to ensure that dairy farmers, advisers and service providers are well engaged in the program and are kept up to date on opportunities that the program provides.
The role works to ensure that research, development, extension and education investments drive a more profitable, sustainable and competitive dairy farming sector. It ensures that the Our Farm, Our Plan program, resources and support are made readily available to farmers through the range of opportunities provided by the industry and private education and extension services.
There are three vacant positions; one for Murray Dairy, one for GippsDairy and one for WestVic Dairy. The three roles are two year, fixed term contract positions.
The key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to the development of an agreed regional plan for Our Farm, Our Plan delivery
- Execute and review personal performance objectives, plans and targets to achieve implementation of the regional plan
- Participate in planning the promotion and effective delivery of Our Farm, Our Plan products, tools and activities within the region that meet farmer and industry goals
- As required, contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of regional delivery activities, in line with Dairy Australia evaluation framework and processes
- Develop, maintain and manage key relationships with farmers, service providers, extension partners, regional authorities, training providers and Dairy Australia to deliver on the regional plan
- Expand existing and new delivery networks, including brokering effective relationships between dairy farmers and skilled service providers
- Manage partnerships and allocated network leadership roles within the region, including discussion group convenors, facilitators, and coordinators, as directed by the Regional Manager
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of existing and emerging issues within the region through information networks at a regional, state and national level
- Identify extension opportunities to support the adoption of Our Farm, Our Plan and practice change on dairy farms
- Plan and coordinate the delivery of Our Farm, Our Plan workshops (in-person and/or online), 1:1 sessions and events as required
- Deliver Our Farm, Our Plan workshops and 1:1 sessions as directed by the Regional Manager
- Develop a detailed knowledge of extension activities for regional delivery currently available through Dairy Australia, other regions and other relevant organisations and agencies
Present a regional perspective (including the “voice of the farmer”) that contributes to the development and implementation of Our Farm, Our Plan.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE